Espresso con Panna is Italian for “espresso with cream.” It sounds so much better in Italian, doesn’t it? Traditionally, espresso con panna uses heavy cream whipped by hand on top of a shot of espresso to make a thick, creamy layer on top of the espresso. You get a delicious rush of coffee when you break through the velvety layer that is sweet and smooth and a real rich indulgence. You can use the canned whip cream if you want to save time, but if you want to live life like an Italian and enjoy “la dolce vita,” whip the cream baby!!
Ingredients for 2 cups
- Coffee Beans - 0.6 oz
- Powdered sugar or cinnamon or nutmeg if you’re feeling nutty.
- Heavy whipped cream - 4 tbsp
- Vanilla syrup - ½ oz (optional)
- Whip the cream with a whisk
- Grab a cold bowl, and chill your heavy cream before beginning, cold cream whips better. Once chilled, use a whisk to beat the cream back and forth until soft peaks begin to form. Be patient with the process, and you'll have soft, whipped cream in no time.
- Homemade Whipped Cream Stages
- No Peaks. ...
- Soft Peaks. ...
- Stiff Peaks. ...
- Over Whipped.
- Grind the coffee beans and brew them to make your espresso. I love our rich and smooth Espresso Verdi or Gold, but any of our espressos are “molto bouno!”
- Gently spoon the cream onto the espresso
- Serve and enjoy the drink
Espresso Options (Regular & Decaf)
- This is my favorite espresso machine: https://monterosagourmetcoffee.com/collections/coffee-espresso-maker/products/espresso-machine-20-bar-coffee-maker-machine-1553919458
- Select Other Espresso Machines: https://monterosagourmetcoffee.com/collections/coffee-espresso-maker
- Milk Frother: https://monterosagourmetcoffee.com/collections/coffee-misc/products/1669004-1215152431