For a pot of coffee that yields about 2 big cups (250ml each)
- Whole coffee beans - 1.13 oz - Use our Italian Chocolate 🍫 Flavored coffee for dramatic affect
- Water ~500 ml - filtered of course
- Begin by heating your kettle of filtered water to a gentle boil.
- Measure out roughly 0.04 oz of coffee per 16ml of water. For a 500ml / 2 cup pot of coffee, you’ll use 1.13 oz of coffee and 500ml water.
- Grind beans to the consistency of fine sea salt or table salt and set aside. Also bring your filtered water to a boil (add slightly more water to the pot (~600 ml) as you’ll need a little extra to wet your filter).
- Unfold your paper filter by separating it with 3 folds on one side and one fold on the other. Then insert the filter into the top of your Chemex, placing the side with three folds toward the spout.
- Wet the paper filter with just enough hot water to saturate it. This reduces any potential for a “paper taste” in your coffee. Then pour the excess water out through the spout.
- Add coffee grounds to the filter and shake gently to settle.
- Add just enough water to cover the coffee grounds (~66ml) so the coffee can “bloom.” Then wait for 45 seconds. This is a step that lets gas escape from the coffee to help improve the overall flavor.
- After the bloom, start pouring the remaining hot water over the coffee in small circles. Focus your pouring mostly in the inner circle, pouring near the edges occasionally to consistently wet the grounds. For the first round, pour about 200ml of water.
- If you pour slowly enough, you can maintain a constant pour and let it filter at the same rate (which is ideal for optimal flavor) or you can pour in ~200ml batches at a time. However, try to never let the grounds go completely dry. Total pour time should take 3.5 minutes.
- Once brewed, remove the filter and enjoy coffee.
Before pouring coffee, warm your cup using any leftover hot water.
Italian Chocolate 🍫 Flavored coffee: We combined the flavours of creamy Swiss chocolate and toasted almonds with just a hint of cinnamon for a taste you can't resist in this Italian Chocolate flavoured coffee.
Switzerland may hold the title of Europe's chocolate capital, but four centuries ago, it was Turin, Italy that held the title. In fact, during this time, Swiss Chocolatiers came to Turin to develop their craft and then exported the chocolates back to Switzerland.
In Italy, chocolate and coffee are an affair of love. You will fall for the incredible flavours of Swiss chocolate, roasted coffee, smoky almonds, and cinnamon spice. It will warm you up, and we promise you'll fall head over heels for our Italian Chocolate flavoured coffee!
AVAILABLE IN: Regular/Decaf