Scones are the perfect way to make any day special - and best of all, with this simple recipe you can whip up delightful treats for breakfast or afternoon tea in no time at all! So why wait? Get baking today and fill your days with deliciousness.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter (frozen)
- 1/2 cup raisins (or dried currants)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 large egg
- Place your oven rack in the lower-middle section and preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a bowl, combine 1/3 cup sugar, flour, baking soda, and salt. Add grated butter into the dry ingredients. Use the large holes of a box grater to form big chunks of butter. Use your hands to mix the batter. You’ll know it’s done when it forms a coarse meal. Add the raisins (or dried currants, cranberries, cherries, peach, etc.).
- In a separate bowl, combine the egg and sour cream. Mix until smooth.
- Pour the sour cream mixture into the batter until you form dough clumps. With your hands, press the dough against the bowl to form a ball. Take note that the dough might seem sticky and liquidy at first, don't fret, the dough will thicken gradually as you press it.
- Dust flour onto a clean flat surface. Place the dough on the surface and form into a 7- to 8-inch-circle (about 3/4-inches thick).
- Sprinkle dough with a teaspoon of sugar or Stevia. Cut the dough into 6-8 triangles. Place the triangles on a cookie sheet, about one inch apart.
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes, or until golden. Allow scones to cool for 5 minutes. For added flavor, coat the top with a dab of honey once cooled.
- Enjoy! Can be served warm or at room temperature.
Espresso Verdi: Espresso Verdi is a "Seattle style" roast with a very distinguished, bold flavor that is held in high regard with coffee aficionados. Get more out of your espresso with the intense flavor and heavy body of our Espresso Verdi blend. Looking for the perfect espresso for cappuccinos and lattes? Look no further, Espresso Verdi is truly bellissimo!
Vermont Maple Pecan Flavored Coffee 🍁: The delicious flavors of maple and crunchy pecan combine in this Vermont Maple Pecan coffee brew to produce a taste sensation that is worthwhile.
The sweet, warm taste of the Vermont maple syrup from the North and the toasty flavor of the Georgia pecans from the South marry so perfectly together it's as if they were made for each other. A special treat to go with breakfast, after dinner, or anytime of the day, our Vermont Maple Pecan flavored coffee will become your new favorite obsession.