Let's get baking! Start with a sugar cookie cup and fill it up with velvety no bake cheesecake. Top off your creative creation with sweet berries and zesty lime glaze - they'll be sure to please the taste buds of everyone around you. And don't worry if you're busy, just grab pre-made sugar cookie dough for an even easier way to whip these mini Fruit Tarts up in minutes!
THE TART SHELL:
- 1 package 24 count Bake-and-Break sugar cookie squares OR one roll (approximately 16 ounces) sugar cookie dough
- Use my perfect sugar cookie recipe to make this from scratch
NO-BAKE CHEESECAKE FILLING:
- 8 ounces 227g cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 ounces 177ml limeade concentrate, thawed
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Fresh fruit berries (rasberries, currant, cranberries, blackberries, etc)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray mini muffin pans with nonstick cooking spray (I prefer using the kind that has flour in it).
- Place one cookie dough square (or 1 tablespoon cookie dough) in each muffin pan cavity. Bake for 12-16 minutes, or until the cookies are baked through. Cool completely before removing from the pan.
- Glaze: While the cookies are baking, make the glaze so it has time to cool. In a small skillet or saucepan,
- add the concentrate, cornstarch, and sugar.
- Whisk to dissolve the cornstarch and sugar
- and cook until it boils and thickens, just a few minutes.
- Remove from heat to cool.
- Once glaze and sugar cookie cups are done and cooled, make the filling. Beat the cream cheese with sugar and vanilla until smooth using a hand or stand mixer.
- Assemble the tarts: spoon about a tablespoon of filling into each cookie cup. Top with some fresh berries or other chopped fruit. Brush with the lime glaze, or drizzle honey over them or dust with sugar or cacao powder.
- Serve within 3 hours of topping with fruit. You can make all the components of this up to 24 hours ahead and assemble right before serving, if desired.
Best paired with coffee or tea. I suggest these yummy treat pair well with our Darjeeling Tea Finest Tippy or the English Breakfast Tea. Both always fan favorites. Add honey and some lemon and you have it right. Whether it's high or low tea time.
Darjeeling Tea Finest Tippy: Darjeeling teas have the most precious qualities of the world. They possess an exquisite bouquet and flavor and a distinctive Muscat grape character, almost wine-like in taste, in a lovely and light cup. The light, beautiful body of this gourmet tea holds a flavorful surprise for your palate that you're going to love.
English Breakfast Tea: English Breakfast Tea that has a full body and is richly robust. This gourmet tea is expected to be served with milk and a sweetener much like the British have prepared their morning tea for over a century. Once the black tea has been mixed with milk, its aroma transforms into the scents of warm toast and honey!