A tea party wouldn't be complete without cool cucumber slices and herbed cream cheese slathered between two pieces of bread - a surprisingly delicious combination that will leave you feeling refreshed!
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons fresh dill chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh chives chopped
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 long English cucumber thinly sliced
- 1 loaf sliced bread crusts removed
- With a hand mixer mix cream cheese and mayonnaise in a small bowl until smooth. Stir in herbs, garlic powder and salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread bread slices with cream cheese mixture.
- Thinly slice cucumbers. Layer over half of the bread slices. Top with additional herbs if desired.
- Top with remaining bread slice, remove crusts if desired and cut each sandwich into 3 pieces.
- Serve immediately or cover and store up to 24 hours.
I find that the classic China Black Tea Flowery Orange Pekoe is a perfect fit for this traditional English finger food.
China Black Tea Flowery Orange Pekoe: Flowery orange pekoe is a high quality tea with a long leaf and few tips. The FOP stands for "flowery orange pekoe," which refers to the color of the leaves and not the flavor. It is considered first grade in the China tea grading system and is an excellent choice for black tea