Introducing the Coffee-Rubbed Steak Fajitas, a mouthwatering Mexican dish that combines the bold and rich flavors of coffee with the classic fajita experience. This recipe is perfect for those who love a unique twist on traditional dishes and are looking for an exciting way to enjoy both coffee and a delicious meal. The coffee rub creates a beautiful crust on the steak while infusing it with aromatic flavors, perfectly complementing the sizzling peppers and onions. Get ready to impress your friends and family with this easy-to-make, flavorful fusion of coffee and Mexican cuisine.
- 1 1/2 lbs flank or skirt steak, thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp finely ground coffee
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil, divided
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 small flour tortillas, warmed
- Optional toppings: avocado slices, sour cream, salsa, lime wedges, cilantro, and shredded cheese
- In a small bowl, mix together the ground coffee, chili powder, paprika, brown sugar, ground cumin, salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper (if using) to create the coffee rub.
- Pat the steak slices dry with a paper towel, then evenly coat the steak with the coffee rub, ensuring each piece is well covered. Let the steak sit for 15-30 minutes to absorb the flavors.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the steak slices and cook for 2-3 minutes per side, or until desired doneness is reached. Remove the steak from the skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add the remaining 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil. Add the bell peppers, onion, and garlic, and cook for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender and slightly charred.
- Slice the cooked steak into thin strips and add it back to the skillet with the vegetables. Toss everything together to ensure the flavors are well combined.
- Serve the coffee-rubbed steak fajitas on warmed flour tortillas, along with your choice of toppings such as avocado slices, sour cream, salsa, lime wedges, cilantro, and shredded cheese. Enjoy!
These Coffee-Rubbed Steak Fajitas offer a delightful and innovative way to enjoy coffee as a key ingredient in a savory dish. The rich coffee aroma pairs beautifully with the tender steak and vibrant veggies, creating a memorable and satisfying meal that will become a favorite at any gathering. Don't hesitate to give this recipe a try and explore the endless possibilities of combining the world of coffee with traditional Mexican cuisine. You'll be pleasantly surprised by the depth of flavor and the delightful twist it adds to a classic favorite.
Keywords: coffee-rubbed steak, steak fajitas, Mexican cuisine, coffee-infused dish, savory coffee recipe, unique coffee twist, traditional Mexican dish, bold flavors, aromatic coffee rub, peppers and onions, fusion recipe, coffee lovers, coffee and food pairing