Nothing says 'comfort' like a Mini Chicken Pot Pie! They're the perfect snack-sized treat that will have your taste buds content, and without all the guilt of traditional comfort food. Deliciousness goes mini with these pies - try one today and see for yourself!
- 3/4 cup chopped leftover chicken OR 1 SMALL FRESH CHICKEN BREAST, FULLY COOKED
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup mixed fresh vegetables PEAS, CARROTS, CORN AND GREEN BEANS
- 1 package refrigerated biscuit dough
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Combine the chicken, mixed vegetables and cream of chicken soup in a medium bowl and stir well.
- Separate each of the biscuits and place them into the compartments of a greased muffin tin.
- Add the filling to each of the compartments (approximately 2 Tablespoons each).
- Bake at 375F for 20 to 25 minutes until golden brown.
This savory pie is best served and paired with my favorite herbal tea. Yerba Mate Tea has an herbal taste and when you add some sweet honey it will pair nicely with this delicous savory treat.
Yerba Mate Tea: Yerba Mate comes from a tree, "Ilex Paraguariensis", cultivated in South America. The yerba is the leaves; dried and crushed to make a tea-like herb. You may add sugar or honey to sweeten the Yerba as the Argentineans do. Or drink it plain as the majority of South America does.